Friday 16 March 2012

Day 2

Today was another cloudy, rainy, chilly English day, but I had a great time wandering the streets of my new home. I found the "Pound Store", which is similar to our "Dollar Store" except that an English pound is worth about $1.60 US, so for me it's more like a "Dollar and a Half Store". Still, I did manage to find a few things to help get organised in our flat. Later in the day I walked to the Tesco Store to shop for a few groceries. That was an overwhelming experience! I quickly found the cheese but crackers were a completely different story. After searching up and down aisles that looked as if they should have crackers I gave up and headed to the checkouts. A box caught my eye and, sure enough, crackers! Only here they are called "Biscuits for Cheese". Finished off our day with supper out at Chinese Restaurant nearby. The weather looks to be improving over the weekend so I will try and take my camera out and, hopefully, post a few pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging! I absolutely agree the mimi cooper is not the car for Scott!

    ReplyDelete