Friday 16 March 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my blog about our adventures in England! Scott and I began our adventures on March 14, 2012. We boarded a United Airlines flight and settled into our seats -- business first class! We were wined and dined all the way across "the pond". We had seats that we were able to actually lay flat so we took advantage and grabbed a couple of hours of sleep as we flew. Thursday morning we arrived at the Manchester airport. It was a foggy, cloudy, drizzly morning: typical for England at this time of year. Our driver met us for the not quite 3 hour drive to Whitehaven. Scott climbed into the front seat next to the driver and they chatted almost the entire way. I, however, was totally freaked out by the driver sitting on the "wrong" side of the car. I almost shouted out loud when he turned left, into the left lane, on the highway. This driving thing is going to take some time I think! Still exhausted from our wedding celebrations and the preparations for our move, I promptly fell asleep in the back seat. I woke up to brilliant sunshine, beautiful green mountains, and mile after mile of sheep farms. This is definitely not New Jersey! We arrived in Whitehaven and Scott showed me around our "flat". We are currently living in a 2 bedroom flat that looks over the harbour in Whitehaven. By this time the clouds and drizzle had rolled in, but even so it was a breath-taking view! We unpacked, ate lunch, and then fell into bed for a nap, followed by dinner at a local establishment. Our adventure has begun........

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your getting off to a wonderful new beginning I wish you much luck take lots of pictures!...Donna

    ReplyDelete